Fort Concho’s 2015 Spring Speaker and Topic Lineup
Sunshine, flowers, and fairer weather means that Fort Concho will be holding it's annual Spring Speaker Series. Each Wednesday, during the entire month on April, Fort Concho will host a lunch hour seminar, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m., that will touch on a wide variety of topic: from the Texas Camel Corps to the Concho Pearl.
Anyone and everyone is welcomed to attend as admission is free of charge. The seminar will be held at the Fort’s Commissary at 702 Burgess St. You are welcome to bring a lunch if you'd like, or you can order a sack lunch from Mr. T’s Deli for $8 by calling 325-657-4441 by 5 p.m. the Monday before each lecture you'd like to attend.
The 2015 Fort Concho Spring Series schedule:
- Wednesday, April 1: “Grierson’s Raid,” presented by local historian Bob Broene.
- Wednesday, April 8: 'Damn the Orders … The Remolino Raid' by local historian Carl Brockmann.
- Wednesday, April 15: 'Texas Camel Corps' by Doug Baum of the Texas Camel Corps.
- Wednesday, April 22: 'Legend of the Concho Pearl' by Mark Priest of Legend Jewelers.
- Wednesday, April 29: 'Battle of Dove Creek' by local historian Larry Riemenschneider of the Concho Valley Archeological Society.
If you have any questions, you can contact Carol Cummings, Fort Concho’s special events coordinator, at 325-657-4441.